Please read our terms and conditions carefully and with understanding.
DATA SERVICES TERMS
1. All our LTE Data services can be used anywhere provided you are within the relevant provider's coverage area. It is mandatory to provide your full address so that we can check if your area is covered. We take no responsibility to provide a service to any area that has no coverage.
2. All Data products are subject to RICA verification, as stipulated by law (Regulation of Interception of Communication Act of 2008). Clients are required to produce a legible copy of their valid Identity Document or Passport and proof of residential address. Non-South African citizens may submit a copy of their valid Passport. Verification documents must contain photo identification and must be a barcoded form of identification. Failure to produce the required aforementioned information will result in the product not being activated, regardless of any amounts billed. Your personal details will only be used for the purpose of RICA and for no other reason provided it is not required by law.
The following documents are accepted for verification purposes:
Identity Verification (Natural Persons and Company Representative):
-Green bar-coded South African ID book
-Valid temporary ID issued by Home Affairs
-Valid South African passport
-New bar-coded ID cards
-For Non-South African citizens – Passport or valid VISA / permit
Proof of Physical Address (Natural Persons, Businesses, and Company Representatives):
-Lease Agreement (not older than 12 months)
-Municipal Account (not older than 3 months)
-TV License (not older than 12 months)
-Telephone Account (not older than 3 months)
-Bank Statement (not older than 3 months)
-Retail account which is delivered to that address on a regular basis (not older than 3 months)
3. You are not obliged to be in a fixed contract with us. All our services are month-to-month and can be easily canceled if you change your mind. Also, note that this does not mean you can miss your monthly payments. Services that are not paid for a month will be permanently canceled if no arrangements were made by the customer.
4. If you sign up in the middle of the month note that all LTE packages are charged pro-rata. So, if you sign up halfway through the month you will pay half the monthly fee and receive half the data for the rest of the month.
5. The billing cycle for all monthly services is from the 1st to the last day of every month. You will be invoiced on the last day of the month and data will be renewed on the 1st of every month regardless of your sign-up date.
6. Note that MTN can only allow devices that have been network-approved by MTN. This range of devices includes the following routers; Huawei B525, Huawei B612, Huawei B618, and ZTE MF286. Please note that using a non-approved device will result in the service being blocked.
- The MTN Fixed LTE service is designed to be used at your home or office, and MTN will lock the service to the address where you place an order to use the service. But with Telkom LTE, service is not geographically locked. You can use it anywhere for as long there is coverage.
- The MTN sim will be locked to the location provided at sign-up, this location must also be the location where the first connection is made and cannot be used at another location. We reserve the right to permanently suspend and cancel a service that is found to be moved to different geographical locations often. MTN will allow one change in location per year, please provide us with 30 days' notice thereof in order for us to submit the request timeously. Should the new location not be within MTN Fixed LTE Coverage the service will need to be canceled. The standard cancellation policy and applicable fees will apply.
7. Should you decide to cancel your SIM Only package, a calendar months' notice is required. Cancellations cannot be set on the last 2 days of each month. The service can be set to upgrade or downgrade at any time (before the 25th of each month) but the new service will only be effective from the 1st of the following month provided no Service Change rules are in place.
8. Delivery takes 1 to 10 business days (depending on location). We will deliver your sim card to your home or office.
9. It is always preferred that you use a router from us on any of our MTN Data Packages to ensure it has the correct firmware configuration for our network, but we won't stop you from taking a SIM-only package from us and using a router that we have approved for use on our network.
10. We take no liability to compensate or refund any service due to customer error or negligence. You need to ensure that you understand all the terms and conditions stipulated.
11. MTN Fixed LTE is best-effort service with no minimum service levels offered. Speeds will differ and no minimum speeds are guaranteed. Many factors determine the speed and quality of service which will be achieved such as but not limited to, distance, weather, interference around and within the property.
- Telkom LTE is a best-effort service with no minimum service levels offered. Speeds will differ according to the type of connection made. Average speeds within the specified coverage areas range between 10Mbps and 50Mbps. Many factors determine the speed and quality of service which will be achieved such as but not limited to, distance, weather, interference around and within the property.
- All services sold by Link-it Mobile are provided as a best-effort service, uptime and speeds cannot be guaranteed unless otherwise stated. During any technical failure, modification, or maintenance of the service provided, Link-it Mobile will use its reasonable endeavors to resume the service as soon as possible. This excludes upstream provider infrastructure that is not within the control of Link-it Mobile.
12. You are able to purchase additional data should your monthly allocation run out. This is a once-off purchase that you pay for immediately. Unused topup data will roll over for one month. E.g. Purchase 10GB of Topup data on 15 October, 6GB is used up until 31 October, the remaining 4GB will be carried over to November and will be available to use up until 30 November, thereafter it will fall away. Data that has overrun the available data total will be deducted from your next top-up. For example, 100GB purchased, 105GB used before capping takes place, top-up with 10GB only 5GB will be allocated.
13. Unused monthly data, as well as topup data, will roll over for 1 month. At the start of each month the rolled-over data (monthly and topup) will be used first, once exhausted the monthly allocation will be used.
14. Night-time data (where applicable) is free data that is available to use every day between 12am and 6am. Data used during these hours will be deducted from the Night time available data balance. When Night time data is depleted, the available monthly data will be used. Night time data is Promotional data and Link-it Mobile reserves the right to withdraw it should it be deemed necessary.
15. In line with the Consumer Protection Act, Link-it Mobile has a 5 business-day return policy. Units returned must be returned as shipped (i.e. same cosmetic condition and all shipped packaging, parts, and accessories included) to be eligible for refund or exchange. If the router is returned within 5 days from delivery it will be refunded or replaced with a new unit provided the unit is returned in the same condition it was received. The cost of returning the device is the responsibility of the client and will be charged to the client's account.
16. Data usage information and data balances are provided to Link-it Mobile once every 24 hours by MTN and Telkom. This information will be updated as received and can be viewed in the Control Panel.
17. A pro-rata invoice will be generated on the day of purchase and debited accordingly. On the day of activation, we will allocate a pro-rata amount of data. We will re-calculate the amount due according to the date of activation and credit the initial pro-rata invoice generated on the purchase date. Any credit amounts will be used towards the next invoice due.
SIM + ROUTER PROMOTION
18. Link-it Mobile will subsidize the cost for each MiFi router purchased together with a Telkom LTE data package. The make and model of the MiFi router are determined at our own discretion. The SIM must be used in the modem provided, failure to do so may result in the service not working.
- The normal price for the MiFi LTE Router is R999.00, Link-it Mobile will subsidize the cost with R500.00 and will only charge a Promotional price of R499.00 when the purchase is made together with a Telkom LTE data package.
19. Should the service be set to cancel within 6 months of the activation date a cancellation fee of R999.00 will become payable before the cancellation is processed together with a calendar months notice. Should the monthly payment for the service fall into arrears the service will be canceled and the cancellation fee of R999.00 will automatically be billed to the client's account.
- Downgrades to a smaller package/service/speed from what was originally purchased will not be permitted within 6 months of the activation date.
- There is a limit of 3 purchases per profile/individual on all Telkom LTE Promotions (includes purchases on expired promotions).
20. All modems/routers carry a 12-month warranty. If outside of the 7-day return window, faulty modems can be returned to Link-it Mobile for testing. Should the modem be found to be faulty it will either be replaced with a refurbished unit or sent to the manufacturers for repairs and returned to the client upon completion. The warranty and returns policy does not cover any damage deemed to have been caused by the client's misuse or mistreatment of the product (including damage due to improper return shipping of the product for exchange or return).
21. The manufacturer's Warranty will be voided by the improper use or abuse of the product, using the incorrect power supply, use of unapproved accessories or modifications, lighting and power surges, and water damage. Link-it Mobile will not be liable to repair or replace any such devices and no further correspondence will be entered into once the device is deemed to be out of warranty.
WEB DESIGN & HOSTING TERMS
1. You are able to pay off your web design service in 3 monthly installments. Failure to pay as per agreement will result in the deactivation of your website.
2. A hosting fee of R220.00 must be paid every month to keep the website online. If the mentioned fee is not paid, your website will not be online until it is paid.
3. We are not responsible to do monthly maintenance of your website prior to completion. We hand over your website to you so that you can be able to maintain it yourself through your mobile phone or desktop. Training will be provided on how to DIY.
4. After-service maintenance will be charged separately upon request.
5. Our Development Team estimates a turnaround time of 10 to 15 days to fully set up your online store. This will be dependent on the information received from the client.